Interested in forming an ultimate raid group? Contact Hana Song to help set it up!
Raid leaders are individuals who know the duty they are leading or are at least generally proficient enough to learn the duty in its entirety.
- Completed the duty being attempted.
- Working microphone for providing explanations and shotcalls.
- Experience leading a past ultimate raid.
- Participated in an ultimate raid static or Party Finder groups through to enrage or clear.
Raid leaders are expected to:
- Plan to run the group for at least 8 months (unless a clear happens).
- Accept anyone in the FC that can meet stated reasonable requirements.
- Set the day and time for regular sessions.
- Collect and coordinate a group of participants.
- Teach the duty mechanics for all roles.
- Provide guides/videos for participants to study ahead of time.
- Set up markers, clock positions, and light parties as needed.
- Coordinate special conditions (e.g. special dps positions, tank mitigations, healer timings, etc).
- Do voice call outs during sessions.
- Troubleshoot where things are going wrong and connect with people individually if needed.
- Recruit and fill as needed.
Raid leaders should follow these steps for setting up the raid group.
- 1.Determine if the group will be open or private.
- Private groups have recruitment based on the raid leader's contact with specific individuals.
- Open groups have recruitment open to anyone who can fit the raid leader's requirements.
- 2.Determine group learning type: blind or guided.
- Blind groups can start right away with a new tier. Raid leaders are primarily responsible for figuring out mechanics and creating strategies for the group.
- Guided groups must wait for online community learning resources to become available.
- 3.Recruit static participants based on interest.
- 5.Provide learning resources for participants and note any specific strategies (unless blind).
- 6.Determine raid food needed and submit requests to FC officers to procure and provide food.
Raid leaders should perform the following steps for hosting static raid sessions.
- 1.Ping the static group's role day-of as a reminder for participants.
- 2.Find fills for any participants that won't be joining for the session.
- 3.Create the static group party and invite all participants.
- 4.Ensure all participants have current-tier raid food.
- 5.Establish any additional ground rules and expectations.
- 6.Queue in, explain, shotcall and have fun!
Preferably recruit people at or past current progression point.
For FC-based groups, recruitment priority should be:
- 1.Check with group members if they have any FC friends to recruit.
- 2.Ping @High-end Content in FC #party-up channel looking for recruits.
- 3.Check with group members if they have any non-FC friends to recruit.
- 4.Post Looking for Member (LFM) posts elsewhere (Reddit's /r/ffxivrecruitment subreddit, other Discord servers, etc.)
Preferably fill with people at or past current progression point.
For FC-based groups, fill options include:
- Check with group members if they have any friends to fill.
- Ping @High-end Content in FC #party-up channel looking for fillers.
- Check with FC chat before start time.
- Use Party Finder at start time.
Rewards are offered to the FC static's designated Raid Leader at the time of clear after confirmation based on the group's bulletin.
Rewards may be split and distributed with any designated Co-Leaders at the Raid Leader's discretion.
Raid Leaders may receive a reward for successfully leading a Fun Club FC static through to a first clear of a high-end raid duty.
To be eligible for the reward on clear:
- Raid Leaders must be FC members (exceptions may be allowed).
- Raid Leaders must be the designated Lead or Co-Lead for the FC static.
- FC static must have open recruit for FC members.
- FC static must have at least 3 FC members who had not cleared before based on when they joined the group.
- Post a group screenshot in the duty after the clear into the Discord #screenshots channel.
Special situations for eligibility may be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Raid Leader Reward
The Weapon's Refrain Ultimate (UWU)
The Epic of Alexandar Ultimate (TEA)
The Unending Coil of Bahamut Ultimate (UCOB)
Dragonsong's Reprise Ultimate (DSR)
The Omega Protocol (TOP)